Wedding rings divorce Granholm & Gynac Joliet IL

Can I get a divorce if I cannot locate my spouse?

If you have done everything within your powers to locate your spouse but without success, you can still inform your partner by publication. You need to first file an affidavit to inform the court of how you’ve tried to find them. The court will review your affidavit, and if satisfied, the judge will issue an order for publication.

After the publication order has been issued, you have to wait for at least 30 days to give your missing spouse time to respond before you initiate the divorce process.

Do you want to divorce your missing spouse, but you don’t know what to do? If yes, then contact Granholm & Gynac today. Our experienced divorce lawyer will guide you through the process.

Related Posts