I need to hire an estate attorney

Estate planning and adoption: what you need to know

Your adopted child has the same legal rights as your biological children when it pertains to estate planning situations. However, these circumstances may differ when your child isn’t legally adopted, requiring you to make changes to your estate plan, will, and trust.

To avoid issues with your property, name your adopted child as an heir in your estate plan. You can also spell out your wishes instead of worrying about how adoption could harm your will. But, you’ll need to hire an estate planning attorney for this as it requires a different estate planning procedure.

Contact Granholm & Gynac LLC today for more information about estate planning and adoption.

Related Posts